Wow, an hour harvesting in the garden and this is what Alex gets! What to cook, what to cook…. This should be (relatively) easy!
- zucchini bread, or muffins, or maybe this more healthy recipe with whole-wheat flour
- blueberry crumble (I got a specific request for crumble topping without oats), and/or just plain blueberries with vanilla mascarpone
- grilled, marinated eggplant (although how I really make it is easier – slice, grill, marinate in olive oil, s&p, garlic, red pepper flakes)
- tabbouleh with all that parsley!
- roast the beets and green beans together, and toss with walnuts and feta, sort of like this recipe
- about all those cherry tomatoes… I made this tomato tart a few years ago and it was good enough to repeat. If only puff pastry wasn’t so costly….
- I’ll add some meat to the menus, simple things to grill, like hamburgers or sausages or chicken.
Soccer try-outs start next week for school, which makes it feel like this is the last weekend of summer. Sigh. I’m going down to the beach to soak up all the sand and salt water just one more time…. xo M.