My inspiration for meal planning this week came from a ripped out magazine page I found in my purse. Go ahead, look for the magazine name, it’s not Bon Appetit or Fine Cooking or anything fancy like that. But hey, a good quick tasty meal is still a find, right?!
- Soy-Ginger Salmon Salad with wheat berries (this will be new for me, and do you know how cheap wheat berries are? Score!)
- Grilled Skirt Steak Bowl with couscous
- Avocado-Grapefruit (maybe on the grapefruit…) Chicken Bowl with wild rice (because unlike wheat berries, farro is not cheap)
- BLT’s with extras (avocado, grilled chicken, mozzarella cheese…)
- Grilled tri-tip steak (hard to find but inexpensive and really good, so grab it if you see it!) and red potatoes with chimichurri, green salad.
- Spanish potato tortilla, green salad
- Asian noodles (have I already posted this one? It’s so good and flavorful and easy!)
Here is what happens when you go to Whole Foods after the third game of a Labor Day weekend soccer tournament where your daughter scores the only goal for her team for the whole tournament and you tell her to go ahead and get whatever she wants from the hot bar because you are proud of her effort and know she is hungry:
In case you were wondering, that is $21.58 of hot bar. Two kinds of noodles, mashed potatoes, fried rice and teriyaki chicken. Please don’t remind me how much this would have cost to make if I had bought the pasta and rice and potatoes in bulk. It was worth it.
Have you been to Boothbay Harbor, Maine? Cute little New England town. My dad and his wife spend a week or two there every summer, and I was able to see them for a quick 24-hour visit last month. Had the best seafood risotto EVER here and lunch here. I’ll be back 🙂
Have a great week everyone! xo M.