Back to school, back to sports, back to doctors…. It’s been a crazy month here. Visit to the dermatologist for icky skin – “Do you have an autoimmune disorder?” Visit to the podiatrist for an ingrown toenail – “What’s this bump? Bone cancer?” Visit to the Physical Therapist for knee pain – “Sounds like a torn xxx; any family history?” NO!!! NO!!! and NO!!! Ugh, no wonder I haven’t been focused lately!
Tonight we ate one of my favorites – grilled chicken marinated in olive oil, lemon and garlic (and s&p of course). Grilled eggplant and tomatoes with olive oil, parsley and s&p. Lemon/garlic yogurt sauce. Rice.
- Green salad with grape tomatoes, avocados, black beans and grilled chicken breast. Maybe cornbread as a side. Or, chicken fajitas.
- Quesadillas with cheese, spinach, tomatoes, turkey.
- Quick marinated steak, kale salad with roasted chickpeas (and I will definitely be trying that carrot salad recipe soon too!).
- Baked pasta with meatballs, broccoli.
- Roasted maple butternut squash, Tuscan pork sausage, wild rice.
Can’t deny the days are getting shorter and the early mornings cooler. Here are a few ideas for when the temps drop about another 20 degrees:
- This tortellini soup looks soooooo good and easy.
- Brussel sprouts will be in season soon, how about Sunday steak dinner with Brussel sprouts?
- Pasta with roasted vegetables – so many choices…
- Best way to cook cauliflower!
- Corn and potato chowder
I sure do hope everyone is healthy in your home! Love, M.