- Pork loin (try this method!), wild rice, greens with avocado & tomatoes (the last from our garden, boo hoo)
- Vegetable lo mein, with chicken, (recipe discovered by Isabel)
- Tortellini, sausage and kale soup (so many recipes to choose from)
- Shredded chicken tacos, rice & beans, salsa, lettuce, avos, etc.
- Meatloaf (with whatever is in the vegetable drawer and topped with hoisin sauce), roasted potatoes & garlic peas
- Spaghetti & meatballs (easy dinner for kids-home-alone night)
- If you hang on to some things long enough, they will be used again. For example – Disney princess folders (bought for my pre-K girls), now being used by one them for high school. Or, my Birkenstocks, which were soooooooo NOT COOL ten years ago, are now one of my daughter’s preferred pair of shoes.
- Technology is not all bad. My mom wrote love notes on our lunch napkins every day. These days, I can send my kids a text during the day to let them know I’m thinking of them and love them. Awesome. I love it when a TED talk teaches me something… a new way to think about what I look at every day.
- No wonder it feels like we’re working harder these days and getting further behind. Remember when adding call waiting for $5/month was a big deal? Now we have the triple-play option and a cell phone bill that is triple the electric bill, and 3 pairs of shoes for one sport, and so on & so on & so on.
- Weekend afternoon naps
may beare the most luxurious thing ever.