Merry Christmas Eve pajama party!
All the food we ate, the cookies we baked, the tables we set… and this is the only food picture I got:
Someone in my house is talking about “detoxing” and “dieting.” Oh, the horrors! Perhaps we just need some meals that don’t include 9 sticks of butter and 32 pounds of prime rib? And, green salad with every meal?
- baked fish (it’s not very exciting, but frozen tilapia is $15 for 2 pounds at WFM, dress it up with olive oil, s&p and lemon), roasted cauliflower, green salad
- chicken meatballs, green salad
- chicken shawarma, yogurt sauce, green salad
- salmon with anchovies and capers, green salad
- i love these sesame noodles, add some protein and more veggies
- everything-but-the-kitchen-sink soup
- roasted beet salad (yummmmm!!!!)
- risotto (because at some point we’ll want something rich and creamy), green salad
- vegetable miso soup
- baked potatoes…. with wild mushrooms (!)
Finally, here’s to moments that make my heart grow and feel like I actually did get everything I wanted for Christmas: