Menu planning was not really a hardship this weekend. I sat poolside on a perfectly sunny day, catching up on a pile of cooking magazines while the kids swam. Have I mentioned how much I love summertime?
- Cobb Salad. I love this salad because you can offer a variety of protein and flavor add-ins. We used the last of the greens from the garden for ours. How sad for now, but there’ll be more in the fall!
- BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, watermelon with mint. Not because I want to have my oven on all day, but because it’s a great rub recipe and I can throw them in a low oven at noon, then finish on the grill with BBQ sauce at 5 and be done for the day!
- Salmon nicoise salad. Another great salad idea. Start with lettuce and top with Mediterranean flavors this time.
- Steak and wedge salad. Found some flat iron steak at WFM last weekend. Super cheap and super tasty! This week I went with grass fed sirloin.
- Roast chicken, maybe with some brown rice and broccoli.
- Green chile-turkey burgers.
- Fattoush and lamb kebabs with mint lemonade.
John is traveling in Greece right now. I love that the first (and only) picture I get from him is a bakery window. My kids know me so well….
Have a great week everyone! xo M.