We’ve had a few great meals over the past month and reasons to celebrate. (Speaking of reasons to celebrate, I can’t wait to read this new book by DALS creator JR. Love the idea of celebrating the little things in everyday life!)
For John’s birthday we had tangy brisket (cooked in slow cooker the day before, then in oven for a few hours before dinner), potatoes au gratin (also parbaked the day before, which made them 1000times better), haricots verts (the frozen bag from WFM, simmer for a few minutes to get unfrozen, then saute with olive oil s&p etc), and apple crisp (no oats! no nuts! in the topping). I sent him back to school with a bunch of cookies oatmeal cookies, snickerdoodles, ginger cookies and chocolate chip for his roommates.
Isabel got braces and she got her choice of dinner (after a night of eating everything chewy and crunchy she could think of). We had baked salmon, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and of course ice cream.
The rest of the meals seem boring in comparison….
- salad with chickpeas, salmon, green beans, baby tomatoes
- sausage, roasted cauliflower with parmesan, roasted carrots
- turkey tacos, brown rice, black beans
- teriyaki chicken, broccoli
- jerk chicken, sweet potatoes, greens
- turkey enchiladas
- Insalata Ricca (again)
I think I’ll get a little more creative this week, some of these are old and some are new:
- salad with goat cheese and apples
- lentil soup with cauliflower
- braised chicken
- squash soup
- grilled cheese with spinach
- arroz con pollo, dressed up a bit
- sausage and kale soup
That’s all for now…. Happy Cooking! xo M.