BITA’S CHICKEN OR BEEF FLAVOR RICE
Yield: 5 cups of cooked Bita Rice
Make in a rice cooker
- 2 handful portions of Manischewitz Fine Egg Noodles (my favorite) or a similar fine
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- Boil 5-6 cups of boiling water
- Measure 3 cups of Long Grain Rice in the cup that comes with your rice cooker (I prefer Lundberg Heirlooms Long Grain White Rice)
- 5 teaspoons of dried chopped onions
- 5 teaspoons of Knorr Chicken Flavor Bouillon or Knorr Beef Flavor Bouillon (depending on which flavor you prefer)
- 3 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- Boil the water.
- Place in the rice cooker bowl the Long Grain Rice, the dried chopped onions, the
Chicken or Beef flavor and the vegetable oil.
- In a non-stick pan, melt completely the butter on medium heat and when it is done,
add the noodles. Move them around and turn them in the pan until all of the noodles
are browned (not too dark).
- Pour the browned noodles along with every bit of butter that is in the pan into the rice cooker bowl.
- Add the hot boiled water to the rice cooker bowl till it measures 5 cups.
- Stir the Rice Cooker bowl gently.
- Set up your Rice Cooker for cooking White Rice, close it and let it cook until it beeps
signaling that the cooking process of the rice has been done.
- Disconnect the rice cooker from the electrical plug and let the rice sit in the closed
bowl for 15 minutes.
- Using a wide serving bowl (can be the bowl you will be using to serve the rice), turn
the Rice Cooker bowl upside down, once the contents have all dropped onto the
serving bowl, use a big fork or a regular fork to carefully fan the rice until the rice
grains and the noodles have been separated.
- If you are not serving the rice at that point, the rice can be put back in the Rice
Cooker bowl and turn on the “Keep Warm” button.